Friday, March 16, 2012

God really must be in control

God is in control.

I prove it everyday because I know that I definitely am not the one in control here...

Stepmoms have to learn how to live in the midst of the daily uncontrollable.  And when it all seems to fall apart - the carefully laid out plans and good intentions smashed to bits - it is hard to choose Joy.


But when I have so little control, I can trust that my God is in control.

I see it in his little face, Every Moment Counts! And every moment is a gift from God.  Every moment with my little one is a blessing, and every moment without him is an opportunity to choose joy, to pray, and see my God work in my moments.  Counting these daily blessings has helped me make it through the tough moments.  And maybe the tough moments push me to learn how to trust God more than I would have without them?

Trusting in the One who has brought us all together pays off in the moments when I see this little one's face light up over understanding Compassion and Mercy, and all the answered prayers that have come to pass in this week alone!  Praise God- He really does hear me and He really does care!

And then, when all you want is control but you don't have it at all, God springs a beautiful SURPRISE!  And if I really did control all of this, would I get to enjoy the surprises??
Mi-ma and Pi-pa visit!

We stand all happy next to TIV

The Tornado Intercept Vehicle!


Sean Casey, visiting Moody Gardens with TIV to celebrate opening of his IMAX film- Tornado Alley (we gotta see this!)


Gifts... 290 -320
...New hairbands!
...new book- stepping stones for step mothers
...new music- Gungor
...Mom and Dad- In law visit
...time to rest
...build up and encourage the young weary at heart
...Children's museum!
...Son learns about compassion and mercy, takes lesson to heart
...Daddy takes the lesson to heart too
...Son loves to tell stories, I love to hear
...Son teaches me all about monster trucks
...Best friend has baby! All is well (IN HAITI!!)
...finally give the dog a bath ;)
...Daddy does the dishes
...Tornado Intercept Vehicle and Sean Casey!
...Daddy's face lights up all JOY




A reminder to always praise... enjoying praises this week

No comments:

Post a Comment