Monday, April 9, 2012

Joyfully one day at a time...

I am still counting.  Sometimes I forget to write things down.  I choose an easier road where I sort of ambiguously am thankful for this and that and I forget to be specific.  That's when I loose site of the Gift, of Him who gave me everything, and a slip into the routine of my flesh: complaining, frustration, unholy dreaming of things not mine, wishing for what I do not have. 

But still I count.  I am reminded that though a righteous man fall seven times he will still rise, and I know that is by God's grace alone that I can rise...one day at a time.

How much I have been given!

... Friends now for more than 10 years, and we still love and laugh and find time to get together (Texas, Colorado, DC, Haiti, all is the Lords!)


... My best friend says "You've changed, Kate. I love watching what God is doing in your life."
... Giving thanks really does change you!






...  The boys light a big fire!


...  Our little one still likes face paint and Easter egg hunts!


...  We found the perfect place to live, so many specific prayers answered- right down to the doggie door!


... Next week I will be in Haiti with my best friend Becky, her wonderful husband Jimmy, and their new baby Abigail Faith!


1 comment:

  1. Ah! Haiti! I've been there several times. From City Soleil to Cap Haitian. May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete