Tonight I will be going to sleep happy.
We went down to the IDP camp tonight to show a movie, Madagascar 2. We had dinner down at the camp, a nice meal of boiled chicken and beans and chipati's, hosted by Doreen. We then set up a big screen and projector and had a blast. For an intermission show, two of my friends made a slide show of all the pictures of the kids they had been taking. Wow the kids loved that! At every picture that came up they would laugh and scream and shout out their friends name. It was wonderful. What joy. Passing out the popcorn was a disaster, but other than that a truely great experience.
Joseph is a man at the IDP camp with a heart after God and a hand on the pulse of the people of the camp. He told me tonight that for them, showing the movie and bringing that laughter was like medicine. For so many who spend every night without sleep because of their trouble, tonight they will go to bed with laughter. Tonight they are happy.
Tonight I am going to bed happy too.
Praise God.
Praise God indeed! So happy for you my lovely lovely cousin!
ReplyDeleteI remember we did something similar in Belize when I did a mission trip with Grace Fellowship. It was the most amazing time of my life, I wish I could go back! I'm glad you are enjoying all your experiences.
You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you very much :-)
CMcQ
that does sound like an awesome day! -candice mcquade-
ReplyDelete