My son asked us last week: "Why doesn't God answer your questions when you ask him?"
Wow. I was expecting the why doesn't God give you what you ask for before this one. You know- the" why not a farari?" question. I really wanted that red farari!
Have you ever felt this way? A big question looming in your life and your pour out your heart to God and ask, and in the silence thereafter you wonder why no answer? Where is the answer?!?
And here we are in the period of waiting for God. Waiting for God- the still silence of no answer- implies that He will answer and that He is still and always VERY GOOD despite no answer yet.
The unique gift of the believer is that in the silence we can have peace. In fact, we are intended to live with peace especially in that time of waiting for Him to answer. It is that time of waiting that puts the fire to our anxious hearts, our angry/frustrated/unforgiving/unbelieving souls, and puts on us like a warm blanket the unfailing Love of the Spirit- and then we can do anything.
The waiting and silence speaks volumes: TRUST ME, I AM HERE AND I AM GOOD.
5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
6 my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning. Psalms 130:5-6
and in his word I hope;
6 my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning. Psalms 130:5-6
8 But I am like a green olive tree
in the house of God.
I trust in the steadfast love of God
forever and ever.
9 I will thank you forever,
because you have done it.
I will wait for your name, for it is good,
in the presence of the godly. Psalms 52:8-9
in the house of God.
I trust in the steadfast love of God
forever and ever.
9 I will thank you forever,
because you have done it.
I will wait for your name, for it is good,
in the presence of the godly. Psalms 52:8-9
1 For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Psalms 62:1-2
from him comes my salvation.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken. Psalms 62:1-2
Wait for the Lord;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord! Psalms 27:14
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord! Psalms 27:14
Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5
No comments:
Post a Comment